Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps."

The last several months have been a time of waiting and trusting in the Lord not knowing what He has in store for me next. The pressure rises with questions from many well-meaning people, "So what's next?" Graduation is a joyous time, but also a time of many uncertainties. Looking to the future, not knowing where our country, let alone the whole world, is going.

The last couple of weeks, the Lord has given me an even greater burden for missions than I have ever felt before. As I had already planned previously, I am planning to spend the next year at home working and helping in my local church. I am hoping to get more actively involved in the visitation/soul-winning programs. This is one area where I feel very inadequate in.

Unless the Lord leads in a different direction, as of right now, I am planning to attend Baptist Bible Translators Institute in the fall of 2010. This will give me the time to work and save up the needed money. The Lord blessed me greatly through the generous graduation gifts of many people. This has given me a good start, although I will still need quite a bit more. God is faithful and where God guides, He provides!

Jeremiah 20:9, "Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."



Who will tell them?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Julia,
You make me want to go right now so bad. It makes it very difficult to stay at home when you've gone to the mission field and see the need. You'll have to give me more information about this Translator place.
~Anna D.~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails