Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whose Will?

John 5:30, "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

It is so easy to get frustrated as we go about our day when we are not able to accomplish our plans. I am a big planner and organizer, and this is often a struggle in my life. I set goals to achieve and often other things get in the way. Many times, it is easy to get upset instead of realizing that maybe the Lord had other plans for our day.

Of ourselves we can accomplish nothing. If we are just accomplishing what our flesh desires, it is going to count for absolutely nothing in eternity. It is more important that we daily accomplish God’s Will than our own. In HIS strength, we can do all things.

Whose will did you accomplish today as you look back over your day? Was it God’s will or your own? If you failed, never fear, for we serve a loving God who is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, if we confess them to Him. Tomorrow is a new day. I challenge you to begin your day by yielding it to the Lord and asking Him to accomplish HIS will in your life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails