Monday, November 16, 2009

From my bookshelf...


I have just finished reading Life is Tremendous by Charlie "Tremendous" Jones. This is one of those books where you can really feel the author's enthusiasm. He encourages you to get excited about life and to learn to love what you do even if it's not what you love doing.

One of the things he says in the beginning of the book is that he doesn't care what you remember from the book but how your thinking is changed through the book. I have been pondering this and thinking this is how it should be with the sermons we hear, what we read in our devotions and the other inspirational books we read. What I remember is not as important as is how my life has been changed and what actions I am taking as a result.

I do not love life based on my circumstances but because of a decision that I have made.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails