Wednesday, February 9, 2011

UFO's

This has been in the pile to finish for a long time (emphasis on LONG :)...it was finished I just needed to bind it. The problem was the binding fabric was buried hence the reason it was sitting unfinished. Finally, I unearthed the fabric and sewed the binding on. I even attempted something new and did it all on the machine instead of finishing it by hand. So glad I tried this method; it goes so much faster and I will definitely be doing it that way in the future.
I also recently finished (or sorta finished) the top of this quilt. I think I should have cut the borders wider. The quilt isn't quite big enough. I am still trying to figure how to fix that problem. I think I am going to add another pieced border. Hopefully that will look ok. I have lots of scraps from the other fabrics leftover.
giveaways
Fresh Poppy Design



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

hey they look great! You make me wish i would get further in my projects!

Anna said...

Julia,
Your quilts are amazing! I'm hoping to have time one of these days to work on quilting all the designs I have in my head.
~Anna~

Shannon said...

I LOVE pieced borders and pieced backings too! Both are GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Whoop-whoop! LOVE your quilts. I think a pieced border would look nice on the pieced quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Great quilts, Julia! You know, that last quilt might be interesting with large prairie points instead of another border - it would visually draw the eye down away from the quilt and give it the illusion of more width.... Just a thought - I just saw another quilt with prairie points so I've got them on my mind. A pieced border would look great too!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Wow!

Linda said...

Oh, I love your little quilt. I forget what that is called but I did one too a long time ago. A friend of mine wrote/published patterns for these and I had to support her by buying all of them...Your's looks great. I have one more in progress in my stack of UFO's, I might just pull it out. Your other quilt looks great. I love the colors on it. Sarah talked about prairie points and I think that's a good idea but what about a piano key border? Do you have enough fabrics to do that? I don't know if you know what I mean but if you'll click on this it will take you to my quilt with the piano key border around it...http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cRzYBTjUoVo/TUJOdHj3oHI/AAAAAAAAC1E/_rAyXLGzbAE/s1600/005.JPG.

If you don't have enough fabric, try another border. Good luck with it, I think it looks great like it is.

Sara said...

I would add another border or prairie points as Sarah said with some more green. Looks very pretty already:)

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I think a pieced border would look fine! I love the colors you used:)

greelyrita said...

Wow, really nice. I love the flowery one especially.

Quiltstory said...

Really pretty! It must feel so nice to have it done. Thanks for linking up to Fabric Tuesday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails