Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pressing Forward into a New Year!

Happy New Year to all you my dear friends!!!

I must apologize for the lack of posts of late. To be quite honest I just haven't felt like posting. Have you ever felt like everything seems to be going wrong all at the same time? Have you felt the pressure of life and find yourself telling God that you just can't take any more? That is the way I felt quite a few times over the last several months. In the midst of all this where do you turn?

The last few weeks I have been clinging to the verse, 1Corinthians 10:13, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

God does not test us above our abilities. He knows my frame. He knows I am merely dust. Who could know me better than the One who made me? As I have meditated on this verse I have realized that God knows what I can handle. Even when I think I am beyond my limit, He knows what is best. He is seeking to make me into a finer vessel fit for the Master's use.  I may not be responsible for the trials in my life, but I am responsible for how I respond to them.

As I reflect upon this past year, I see how God has worked and how He has blessed. I look forward to the coming year and what God has in store for me. I know there will be more trials and testings. But I also know that as I walk in obedience to Him, there will be abundant blessings. God has already provided new opportunities of service for Him. Some of these opportunities are out of my comfort zone. But I know that He will enable where He has called.

I have chosen two verses as my theme for the coming year. I feel they are fitting as I seek to put the past behind and pressing on and move forward in my walk with my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:13-14 
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Jessica Curtis said...

Excellent verses. It seems like last year was a year of trials for many people, yet God has been faithful in not making it greater than we could bear...even though at times it felt like it was. But after we come out of the fire, it seems like fellowship with Him is even sweeter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails